Guided Wave Inspection
Guided wave inspection is becoming the method of choice for plant operators with insulated and other limited-access piping. Because of the ability of the guided-wave technology to survey a long length of piping quickly, guided wave inspection is used as a pipeline integrity solution for unpiggable pipelines.
The benefits of long-range guided wave inspection with MsS system are:
- Rapid surveying of long lengths of pipe
- Detection of corrosion under insulation without removing insulation except the probe location
- Cost reduction in gaining access to the pipes for inspection
- The whole pipe wall (100%) is inspected
- The ability to inspect inaccessible areas such as wall penetration pipe, and road crossing or buried pipes.
- High temperature pipeline of up to 300°C is inspected.
- High frequency operation up to 250 kHz.